I’m amassing a little collection of visual inspiration over on Pinterest, including placemaking ideas, things that make me giggle, artwork that gives me brain sparkles, and imagery/visual research for current works in progress. Click the preview to check out my pin boards.
summary of weekend:
- didn’t know what to do with myself
- walked around lake calhoun (pretty sure every other person who lives in Minneapolis also did this at some point this weekend)
- tried not to be too whiny, but kind of failed. Sorry, Ariel.
- did not get tacos at calhoun because line was too long (backtrack to preceding bullet point)
- ate cake flavored vodka flavored cake
- drank sour milk
- looked at lots of adorable pictures of kids that fam & friends posted on facebook
- overconsumption of visual culture via Pinterest
- made a list of all the clever & ridiculous blogs that make me laugh (see “Giggly Things” in my blogroll to get some lolz)
- ate a lot of pepperidge farm cookies
- Didn’t go to a party hosted by a friend of a friend, where I probably would have ended up having this awkward yet funny conversation:
Host: “Oh hello, I recognize you but I can’t remember how we knew each other at Carleton.”
Me: “Yeah, you were a nude model and I used to draw you naked. Thanks for letting me tag along to your party. So what are you up to these days?”
- received a drunken text referring to “people huts” (???) from a friend at said party, in which she somehow managed to make an accidental hyperlink by typing I.am. I didn’t even know you could put hyperlinks in text messages. Was disappointed I didn’t get more funny drunken texts from her & still wonder what ppl huts are.
- called my grandparents to wish them both a belated happy 93rd birthday (both were last week) as well as a happy 4th of July
- wondered what it would be like to be 64.166 years older than I am now.
- had some good girl talk about boys (what other kind is there?)
- saw some boys dancing in patriotic underwear, got coated in citronella, bug spray & pot fumes while overhearing hilarious fireworks commentary from (hipster?) U students next to us, ran into pretty much exactly the people I expected to run into, and guffawed/winced/groaned/smiled at people’s tiny weird video creations at the Soap Factory’s Ten Second Film Festival
- finished a painting
- got new business cards in the mail!
4th of July weekend #ftw!